1989-2018 Cummins 188/220 Hot Street/Strip Camshaft (Steel) (07-c-188/220S)
- RPM Range: 1700-4500
- Drops EGT 200-300
- Increased Mid Range power
- Duration at .050″ of lift 188 Intake, 220 Exhaust
- We only offer warranty on our cams if our lifters and springs are used.
- For it to be “drop in” on a 12v you will need no more than .025″ piston protrusion and at least .055″ valve face depth with a standard head gasket and a 99 intake centerline. On a 98 – 02 24v you will need no more than .020″ piston protrusion and at least .038″ valve face depth with a standard gasket. On an 03 and up, it needs .018″piston protrusion and at least .038″ valve face depth with a standard gasket. If you do not meet the minimum requirements for piston to valve clearance, don’t worry, you can still run an oversize head gasket or cut valve reliefs.
- Although this is considered a drop in cam it is important to check clearances (You can use our clearance calculator to make it a little easier)
- For the Steel version you will need atleast two bushings installed in the cam tunnel, otherwise the steel could eat into the cast iron block
- We always recommend new lifters when changing a cam.
- Drag strip
- Stock class pulling
To make sure that you have no issues during break-in, follow these few suggestions.
- Make sure that the cam has a Liberal amount of quality assembly lube applied
- DO NOT let the engine start without oil pressure
- When this is a new engine, be sure to put a liberal amount of assembly lube in the oil pump and prime the oil filter
- Be sure to change the oil after you have done your break-in procedure. When the filter and oil system are already primed, engine will get oil pressure much faster than if the oil is changed at the same time.
- Disconnect the fuel system and spin the engine with the starter until oil pressure can be read or until oil is coming out of the rocker arms.
- Once oil pressure has been verified, let the engine start and run until up to operating temp
- Adjust valves then you are cleared to abuse your engine. Enjoy the added airflow
- if you need to re-torque or “hot-torque “the head, do so before adjusting valves. When you retorque the head, the valve lash setting, so it is important to set lash last.
Not all products are stocked in house. Please check for availability as some products may be backordered.
Most orders are shipped 1-2 weekdays after an order is placed, depending on availability. Some products are shipped directly from manufacturers.
PowerHouse Machining was founded with the vision of creating a one-stop-shop for all of your light duty engine needs. We pride ourselves on our industry-leading engine quality, dedication to customer service, and sincere passion for our trade.